MY SCARY MOMENT!!

I am not afraid of the dark, not afraid to be alone, not afraid of strange people... Bottom line is, I am not a fraidy cat! Let me preface... Lance went out of town for work, only one night, and I was more than welcoming my free time to do as I please! I went to Provo for my old wards' Halloween party, which was A LOT of fun, (other than Janne constantly reminding me that it's nice to see meat on my bones, and then later proceeding to tell me I finally have a "big backyard" meaning a big REAR END!!) Anyways, I drive home, put the boys to bed, and begin my reading!

10:30 rolls around, I double check my doors and toddle off to my bed, where Braydon is sawing logs, I promised him he could sleep with me, (leave me alone, he's not too big)!!

So I fall asleep easily, but a few hours later, (sorry I'm being long winded here) I woke with a jolt! I had this scary, eery feeling... thinking that it's just because Lance was gone, and I was psyching myself out I just ran to check what time it was on the kitchen stove, 3:30 in the morning... then I just stop, dead in my tracks to see my front door is wide open, I knew it was locked... KNEW IT. I did it myself, and my front door is ALWAYS locked. I swear I stood staring at the door for what seemed like forever... I knew there was someone in my house... or had been in my house, my initial thought is, I needed to check on the baby, make sure he was okay... but then I thought should I call Ben Bean, should I call 911.... I was SO SCARED.... SHAKY SCARED!! All the sudden I hear a noise.... in the front yard... I cautiously walked over to the door, and peeked out... THERE WAS CARTER!!! In his glow in the dark, dinosaur feety jammies just standing in the front yard... I was like, "carter...." he was just standing there, he looked freaky!! As I finally took a breath, I ran over and grabbed him, but I cried too! For sure I was prompted to wake up, to bring my little toddler back in the house! So was he sleepwalking?? I don't know... it was weird, and it was so odd how he was just standing outside! So what do I do?? Lock him in his room at night?? That's so sad... but if I must... I MUST!

7 comments:

Lindsey said...

WHAT!?! How lucky are you that you woke up? You need one of those alarms that beeps when the doors open.

bebe said...

I am so glad everything was OK. Next time something happens, just call!

Maria said...

OH MY GOSH I would be so freaked out!!

Ryan said...

Objection! Hear ye, hear ye, to all of Melanies friends and family! this is Melanies chubby friend, Janne' here to clear the air in hopes that my name is not mud, that my family is protected and that protesters don't begin rallying on my front lawn....My darling super woman, hyperactive, energetic, and sometimes emaciated best friend Melanie has stretched the truth for a wee moment. Please endulge me as I share my side of the story (may be a little dramatic for special effects).

For some time Melanie has gone "undetected" on the weighing scale...cheek bones/face straight from a corpse on one of Michael Jacksons thriller videos, The irony of it all is that Melanie LOVES that look on herself. I however prefer the "well fed anti-treatment center" look on her and as of late while she's complained about gaining a few pounds (still undetectable on the scale mind you) I have rejoiced! She finally has a tiny bit of junk in the trunk. Not that great of a rebuttle, but its the best I've got for now.

Maria said...

Oh sweet sweet Janne' you have not read the instructions I left with you. If you had, you would know that I agree that our gorgeous girl Melani prefers herself on the rail thin side. However, you should know reminding her that she may or may not have put on two pounds is NOT the way to keep her looking good. You may want to try saying Damn girl you are looking Good!!, wow Mel you look sexy! Try this next time and she won’t blog about you. Hehehe. Love ya. Sorry Mel I couldn't resist.

Unknown said...

Believe me, Mel is H-O-T!!and I should know since I have special "access" to insider information!

sandy said...

Thank goodness you woke up! When Noah was little like Carter we had to put a dead bolt hight up on the door because he could unlock the lower ones. Then if he tried to climb anything to unlock the top one we would have heard the noise! It was fun to see you the other night. Even for just a couple of minutes!