For My Family... You know who you are...


Look very closely... what is it?? Is it spaghetti? Is it macaroni??? Or is it... GRANDMAS HOMEMADE CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP! Okay, grandma didn't make it, but it is her recipe, and I called her about a bazillion times to get tips and tricks on how to make it! I ended up making it twice, once for my family, then today I made it for Mindys' family as they are SICK, SICK, SICK! Anyways, it turned out pretty good! I must say I am happy that I attempted it, and will continue to make it as one of our favorite fall and wintery dishes!
It's funny how sentimental I got over noodles!! But really I did, I walked down memory lane thinking how every Thanksgiving I could only hope and pray that I would walk out the door with a mason jar full of leftover chicken noodle soup... some years we got it, some years we just weren't the lucky ones! I was thinking about the hussle and bussle of Thanksgiving also, with Mom and Suzy in deep contemplation over which store to hit first.... would it be Walmart or Fred Meyer... well... Fred Meyer did serve coffee and donuts!! I remember when mom would walk in and try to hide the presents... POORLY!! I swear she did not give my snooping abilities enough credit for I always found the hidden treasures!! (I am the same way today, ask Lance). Anyways, I remember the year I was able to go with them for the first time, Mindy, Suzy and I, all shopping and Suzy wanted the Walmart T.V. so I went to go get it, and they were off to different departments, as It is more effecient to split up!! Anywho... back to the T.V. so I grabbed one off the pile, I believe it was a 19" or so, but there I was the biggest smile on my face at 5:00 A.M. bringing my Aunt back her T.V. that she went to Walmart for... As most everyone knows Walmart is packed, I mean WALL TO WALL people when it's the Day After Thankgiving Sale... Sooooo I was carrying this GINORMOUS box, frequently bumping into people, but one woman did not think that I was funny, nor was she feeling the Christmas spirit, and she proceded to call me the, "B" Word!! I stopped dead in my tracks, and turned around with box in hand, I gleefully wished her a MERRY CHRISTMAS! I think it's so funny that she said that to me! Lighten up lady!! Anyways so many memories... sorry it went on so long! I love you all!!
Love,
Melanie

1 comments:

Maria said...

yum I want some, bring it over please.