Moms Never Get Sick... Oh Wait They DO!!!


Yup! That's ME!! Aren't I a sight for sore eyes??!!! Here is why I feel it is vitally important to post this blog.... As my previous post said, Carter was sick with the flu it lasted for 24 hours, and it was an utter mess, any mom with a toddler knows how bad the flu can really be! Well, after Carter was better then Daddy got it... so here I was making homemade tomato soup taking care of my hubby doing whatever he needed... and also gloating, literally bragging that moms don't get sick. I mean really... WE DON'T!! (Almost Never). I was telling Lance how lucky us moms were because it is our primary responsibility to care for our family and others, and that we don't have time to mess around, and fall ill! JUST KIDDING!!! Big mistake I made, at exactly 12:44 A.M. I was vomiting in the toilet and retching and feeling it in every part of my body! As I quietly went tiptoeing back to bed... not to disturb Lance of course.... I hear small bouts of snickering!! My husband was laughing at me!! THANKS LANCE!! I must admit though sick or not, I laughed too. It was and is pretty funny! Needless to say I spent the next 24 hours just like that picture above, wrapped up on the couch why my hubby took care of the boys... Gotta love him, he was great!! Anyways Braydon got it the following day, but now were all on the mend, and pretty well back in order! Just thought I would share this funny story with my friends and family!
Love,
Melanie

2 comments:

Maria said...

I feel so bad you got that sick, but I have to agree that was pretty funny.

bebe said...

Hey, I think I warned you about that! Glad you're feeling better.