Ya Win Some, Ya Lose Some!!




Can we as women talk for a sec?? What is it about sports, especially your significant others' favorite sports team that causes a man to become an emotional wreck?? I have not really seen this side of Lance before, but really that's because the Cougars have been a winning team for the last few years, (maybe that's why this loss has caused him to lose his cool!!). Last night was not a great night for my spouse, he was angry, sad, and really just downright DISTRAUGHT over this loss. I must admit, I did not know how to handle this situation. Not only was he short, snippety and cranky throughout the game, (at one point he was lying on the bathroom floor listening to the game on the radio, hands over face...), it lasted until THIS MORNING!! If I didn't know any better, I would have thought that some evil being took over sweet little Lances' mind and body!It was upsetting to see this side of Lance! A couple of times I wanted to slap him upside the head and tell him, "honey, IT'S JUST A GAME!!" But I wouldn't have dared!!!! Truth be told, you do learn something new about the person you are with, ALL THE TIME! I will tell you ladies though, I did get a text today from Lance that said, "I'm sorry for being cranky and mean last night, but the Cougars made me so sad"!! Braydon told me this morning that I am lucky I will be out of town for the BYU/UofU game on the 22 of November! Even Braydon is nervous!!! Cross your fingers girls, for the Cougars shall not let Lance down again!!!

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

Oh my goodness first of all Brad was a MESS last night. Plus he procedes to tell me all the things they are doing wrong. Not to make matters worse I listen with full attention, I think it makes him feel better. Second, WOW, Grandmas chicken noodle soup looks scrumptious!!! I tell everybody about that story with the T.V. Its so funny! Third I'm so sorry you and your family got sick. I hate when bragging about not getting sick backfires, its happened to me numerous times. I want to see some pictures of Braydon.

Sue Lue Hue said...

Not that I don't have anything to do. But I love to look at all your blogs, it makes me happy. But I agree I want to see more of Braydon too. He is one of the smarter kids I know. Go UTES, Huh Braydon. Oh my gosh Lance get on board and start cheering for the right team U of U. What do I know, I don't watch any of it. Mel we should go shopping or out to lunch on those days when the guys watch games. Get Lindsey and Grandma, and Mindy and anybody else that wants to go. We haven't done that for a long time. Nice soup, the good old days. Don't ever forget about the good old days. We love you guys!!!

Dave, Lisa, Summer and Jace said...

Okay that post totally made me laugh. We all feel your pain. Dave actually took it pretty well. He kept trying to say good things about TCU, I think to make up for wanting to curse out the cougars. So sad we had all these hopes and dreams to go on vacation to whichever BCS game they got invited to. I guess that is out of the question now.