Over a Cup of Coffee... REALLY!!??

This morning, just pouring my cup of coffee, and chatting the spouse up, it went sour... let me preface: I love my friends, love hanging out with my friends, and love going out and doing things that Melanie wants to do. I know it does sound a tad selfish, but it's also a rarity. I hardly go out, I mostly live a pretty mundane, regular life. Us as stay at home moms know what I mean. I wouldn't change my life for the world, I don't envy others' lives, or anything. I love my kids, love the spouse, but I also enjoy my life outside of the kids and spouse. Okay... so I have friends that come into town every year from Montana for Sundance, I like to go to this with them, we have fun, stay out late, and star gaze. I like going to the parties, and being apart of the Sundance festivities. It's one night a year that I go, I used to go spend a week up there with a bunch of girlfriends when I was single, I look forward to it all year long. So here is how the conversation goes:

Me: Hey my friends are in town, do you care if I go up tonight.

Spouse: I don't know

Me: What do you mean you don't know? I go to this every year. It's my friends that I went to school with 14 years ago.

Spouse: I don't know Mel, you wouldn't like me going out with a bunch of friends and doing this.

Me: If it were college buddies or anything like that, I wouldn't give a rip.

Spouse: That's not true, you need to put yourself in my shoes.

Me: They are my friends Lance, period! So are you saying I can't go?

Spouse: I don't care what you do, make your own decision... you don't know what being a wife and mom is.

Me: silence

Spouse: I don't care if you go

Me: Still silent

Spouse: I don't care.

Me: Silent

Really why is he pitching a fit about it? Holy moly! I want to go! Now I don't know what to do cuz I don't want to piss the spouse off! I know he said I can go now, but it sounded like this, "I don't care if you go... but if you do, there will be trouble waiting when you get back... see, SCARY!! Is it worth it?????

11 comments:

Tamara with a "T" said...

Oh My!!! What else did you do to make him feel this way? ha! Maybe if you give him a few more hours...he'll call you and say...I don't know why I was saying that...go and have fun, you deserve it. (Because you do!) That sounds like a blast! Who is coming to town? I guess if it was an old boyfriend or something I could understand, but didn't you say...GIRLS?! If he wanted to go out with a bunch of guys...what would your response be at the breakfast table? Oh...that cup of coffee made me want some...later!

The Strosser Family said...

By the way spouse, love your guts!!!

Unknown said...

maybe you should wear a gps device so he can track your whereabouts.

Lindsey said...

Take Lance with you and drop the boys off at my house to play

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Why did you censure my comment? Don't you believe in the First Amendment?

The Strosser Family said...

Cuz you were being a tad mean, I'm just playing around hit stuff!

Unknown said...

Please remove our very personal life from here.

The Strosser Family said...

No, honey.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sue Lue Hue said...

Are you kidding me right now. Stick your butt home, your life isn't so tuff. I can see it getting alot tougher if you go.