I have, "That" Kid.....


Here is what I mean by saying, "that" kid, I have the little toddler that is a monster! The one that makes all the noise at church, the one that has to explore every nook and cranny of any environment we take him into, and by exploring I mean, touch and inevitably break something of value! He also likes to hit, and pull hair! I am SPENT!! I don't mean to sound ungrateful for this little boy, or even take him for granted. He really is a doll, but both Lance and I say if he wasn't so cute and likeable, and charming, and the biggest flirt... he would be, well.. TOAST! Not really, but you know what I mean.


Really though, I am not trying to exaggerate, or even have a pity party, I even feel super guilty for having struggles with him, he's TOUGH! At least once a week, I am wiping up broken eggs, milk, juice, and today remember my super awesome spice rack I found, well that's been a DISASTER! Everyday, 5 trillion times a day we tell Carter, "stay out of the spice rack Carter, shut the spice rack Carter, CARTER STAY OUT OF THE SPICE RACK!!" Today he could take it no more, he got in the spice rack, and spilled out spices on my floor... not just a sprinkle here and there, full on dumped the spices out! He wont play with his toys, he wont hang out and watch a movie with me, and he will tolerate Elmo for about 15 minutes.


I don't know what to do! This has been the way Carter was since he became mobile. So if you have tips for me... BRING THEM ON, I NEED HELP! Know of any playgroups, or activities that involves other kids, so that can learn that hitting is not cool? We moved from Provo, where we had tons of friends and lots of fun things to do, but since we have moved to Suncrest, I haven't really socialized a whole heck of a lot! It's tough getting your groove on with people you hardly know. Anyways... is Carter a typical 2 year old?? Really??? HELP!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Why did I know this blog was coming???? LOL. Did you really use the term "get your groove on."? hang in there honey. What you say is all true but he knows you love him and he will turn out to be the best boy ever.

bebe said...

Sign him up for indoor soccer, tumbling, pee wee basketball,swimming, anything to tire him out a little. There's nothing better than an exhausted (and sleeping) child.

Unknown said...

Can Ben take him?

bebe said...

I'll take your little monster and trade you a whiney crybaby... He's driving me crazy!

Broadhead said...

He is so dang cute. That picture is great. I'm sure he's loving getting his mommies attention. Just be persistent, It will get better. Before you know it he'll be Braydon's age and you'll be wishing he was little again. Keep up the good work.