Hasta La Vista, BABY!

I have a confession, don't judge me though, K? Try to look forward with me, and know that something is about to change!

I feel like I need to preface, just because it's kind of a big deal. Six years ago, I was planning a wedding, MY wedding. I was nervous, anxiety was owning me, and as you all know... this is my second marriage so I was even more of a wreck, than just the first time jitters a person gets. Of course I was excited, and thrilled but terrified as well. During this time, I picked up a nasty habit. A really embarrassing, can't believe I'm admitting this habit! I started, GULP... smoking! Yes, I did, and it was only when I was stressed or when anxiety was peaking. But those nasty little suckers wrapped their venomous, nicotine filled fingers and took a strong hold on this girl, right here! I can't believe this happened to me! I used to tease a cousin of mine and lecture her for this exact same habit, and now I was doing it too?? What the hell!!???

Pretty girls don't smoke! I care about what I look like, it makes you ugly!! UGLY! STINKY! It's gross! Why did I keep doing it for all these years, when I know all of this?? I mean, seriously?

I have quit 2 times, both of the times it lasted for about 6 months each. The last time I quit, I didn't even want to smoke again... it was EASY for me... but then, I caved, buckled under pressure, and started right back up again using stress and anxiety as my excuse! LAME!

So today, I quit... again! For good, I can't handle it any longer! My spouse hates it, my family hates it, my friends tell me how unhealthy it is all the time. I am so lame for even starting this dumb habit! But I am going to do this, I will not buckle, I will not cave. I... AM.... STRONG!!!!!!!!!! These next few weeks could be a little difficult for me, I may be a little on the edgy side, and perhaps a tad bit more impatient than normal. I'M SORRY! Bare with me though family, the outcome will be worth it!

So, here it goes... bring on the candy, gum, and any other tasty treat I can substitute for these babies! I will endure, you will endure, and we will PREVAIL!

5 comments:

Lindsey said...

ew! Ka Ka!

Unknown said...

You can DO IT!!!!!

bebe said...

Every time you feel like caving just think of your two little boys. Don't teach them your nasty habit!

STOP it right NOW!

Love ya! b.

Unknown said...

Smokers get a bad rap.

Smoking in moderation is not necessarily a bad thing. I put on weight big time every time that I have tried to quit.

A few cigarettes a day may help to keep you the size that you want, and you will look and feel great.

Do what you think is best, and for the right reasons.

Jamie and Jordan said...

I have to disagree with Bete smoking is terrible for your body. There are healthier ways to keep off weight. I work in the hospital, I treat patients with emphysema who have the hardest time to even catch their breaths. It would be the worst feeling to feel suffocated every time you breathe. I have also seen lungs black as tar! Life is to short anyway why shorten more by a nasty chemical cigarette. Mel your making a good decision I am proud of you. If you ever get the temptation just remember the memories of grandpa, and how we wish we had more!