Opinion, or Judgement?

Why is it that some people think you want to hear their opinions? People just force it down your throat, and freedom of speach has just gone to a whole new level! I just want to say, "SHHH". But I don't think that would even stop certain people. Maybe I could gently place my hand over their mouth, or just hit end on my phone... but I don't wanna be rude!

If I live my life one way, and you live your life the other... does that mean one of us is wrong? I like to believe it just means we are different from each other. I actually enjoy diversity, doesn't everyone?

Have you no courtesy? I'm by no means perfect, but like to believe when asked for an opinion I will give it, but if not asked..... you know the rest. Opinions can be maliscious. Opinions can make people afraid to be who they really are, especially when certain opinions are severely narrowminded. Opinion can be harsh judgement! I have this family member, who is opposite of who I am. This person thinks so narrow, and so unlike anyone I have ever met. That doesn't mean I don't love this person, nor do I judge this person. Nor do I tell this person my opinion on the way this person lives their life. I don't always agree with them, but I will not force my opinion down their throat. WE ARE DIFFERENT PEOPLE!! When I say, "your really hurting my feelings"... the response was, "brutal honesty, that's what real friends and family does".

Brutal honesty does not come from the way you THINK someone should live their life. You don't have all the answers, nor do I. So live, and let live. So that I, and anybody else can feel comfortable enough to be real with you, in my OPINION, that is true family, and friendship!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, we won't talk about telling other people to be quiet. ha ha.

But really I'm with you. We all think our way of living is the best and we think everyone should adhere to what we consider best but that's bull. We are all our own people, we feel and think very different from each other. I await the day when we can as a people talk with respect and civility. When we can agree to disagree. Or hell, just not judge other people. I may be idealistic but if you're not reaching for the stars you're staying stagnant. Hold your beliefs live them to the best you can but don't EVER push those beliefs on to others.

Glad to see your blogging again!

Unknown said...

I happened across your blog, and am inspired by your words.

Well put.