Simple Pleasures.....

My mom never had expensive taste, and it literally did not take much to bring her happiness materially... I really admire that. She didn't need fancy dinner dates with her husband, or fancy clothes and cars, nor expensive vacations. For sure Lance wishes that rubbed off on me a little more!!

Some of her favorite things in her life, that brought her much happiness.

- Sunday drives with Leo, and grandma and grandpa.
- Family parties, she loved any get together we had.
- Her brothers, and sister. It seemed they could talk for hours, and about anything.
- Camping with our family
- Do any of you remember, the "Honey"?? This was her first Motorhome, that she bought used with Leo, and I promise you... She was excited beyond belief. She cried. She cleaned that sucker inside and out, and took such good care of it. It was sooooo old, but she loved it soooo much. I must say, I have many fond memories in that motorhome as well.
- Fishing with her hubby, and dad.
- Her daughters... I swear she almost loved us too much. We were so spoiled. But she also loved hanging out with us too. She was very loving, and so passionate about us.
- Saturday lunch dates with Suzy, and the girls.
- My cousins Lindsey, Jamie, and Drew... she loved all of her nieces and nephews so much, but these 3 seemed especially special to her. Jamie always said she wanted Aunt Shawnee to hold her because she had, "nice pillows".
- Her kittys.
- Watching my cousins play softball
- Thursday night Knotslanding
- Watching the Jazz games on tv
- Diet coke
- Black Licorice
- Planting flowers

That's just a few that really pop out in my mind. I really mean it when I say how simple she was. I look at her and see the tiniest things would light up her life. I tend to forget the small things that make me the happiest, and this is a reminder to myself to be again, more like her.

5 comments:

bebe said...

Your mom's name was Shawnee? I know a Shawnee....

Lindsey said...

I love that your doing this..... So fun!

Unknown said...

Many of the things you listed are the exact same things you love and do sweetie!

Tamara with a "T" said...

I can't remember your mom very well, but I do know how passionate you are about your husband and your kids. I think that totally rubbed off on you from your mom.

Sue Lue Hue said...

I miss you Charlene! But know I love your girls and your grandkids like they were my own. They are great people and you would be proud of them. Way to go Melanie you did good in honoring your mom,my sister, my kids wonderful aunt. I feel like I am texting to her. But she didn't even know about that.