I'm Calm....

But yesterday... I was NOT CALM!! I had a complete Suncrest meltdown... crying at the bus stop in my car because of the blizzard I encountered at my new home. I got stuck in my own driveway... had to dig myself out!! It was cold, snowy, wet, WINDY.... so there I was digging myself out of my driveway, and of course being pelted in my face by high speed snow flurries!! I hear all of these Suncrest residers telling me how they love Suncrest winters, how beautiful they are... I DON'T THINK SO!! I welcome snow people... but do I welcome being STUCK in my home?? NO!! But I was, and I hated it! I shoveled my driveway and walks 3 times yesterday.. YUP.. 3 times! I would get done, and here she comes again... mother nature at her best!

You guys.. I am not a snow WUSS, I am a fan of the winter wear, and all that jazz.... I have the cutest gloves, I am already hitting Lance up for the new UGG boots, I have nice warm clothes, cute sweaters.... what I don't have is 4-Wheel drive!! I don't have a snow blower, I. AM. NOT. PREPARED!!!

I want to go home! At least all my best friends, and Brayds best friends could make to my house without getting in their cars and driving there!! I don't care that the house is smaller, has less "upgrades"... If there is anything I have learned from this moving experience well.. a house is a house! Who cares what it looks like, or how fancy it is... It's the people you live by, the ones you have become accustomed to seeing at all hours of the day, at their best and worse! I miss you Reese Estates!!

But on another note, it looks pretty outside today, the sun is shining and the crisp air feels nice.. the snowy mountains behind me do look picturesque. I shouldn't complain, I know. Maybe I'm just missing my best friends. Change is so hard, and I'm trying to embrace it, I'm trying to welcome all the craziness of the change, and somedays are much easier than others... yesterday was just a very bad day!

Braydons' Baptism is on Saturday, I bought his suit the other day... it's a Calvin Klein, and seriously... he looks absolutely perfect in it! Braydon is so ready for this special day!!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

UGGS and snow blower on thier way!

The Strosser Family said...

I'll believe it when I see it!!!!

Unknown said...

Close your eyes when you are pushing the snow shovel and make a flapping noise with your lovely lips..wahla! Snow blower.

The Strosser Family said...

Can anyone say.... "STUPID"????

The Strosser Family said...

And Lance... VOILA... that's how you spell, "wahla"!!

Unknown said...

I used the southern spelling and pronunciation so who's stupid now!

The Strosser Family said...

Child

bebe said...

Melanie--you'll get used to being stuck in your own driveway! It's a way of life up here! jk. Don't cry in your car next time, and don't dig your car out early in the morning. Just call me! I'll pick up Braydon in my trusty Sequoia!

PS. you have friends up here, too.

Maria said...

Change is hard, I hear ya. About the snow, that stinks! While you are digging out the snow just think about the beautiful biceps you will have and VOILA/WAHLA you will have them.

P.S. I can't believe I am going to miss B's special day! I don't think you understand the level of my sadness!!!!