And.... He's Baptized!!!














Today was amazing, beautiful, spiritual.... PERFECT! Have you ever had one of those days where you feel as though you are part of a dream, or that it was so perfect that you may have to pinch yourself just to make sure that your truly awake?? That was what today was like for me, even if Carter can't figure out the time change, and he gets up at 6:00 now... the pitter patter of his little feel were welcomed this morning!












I was really looking forward to this day for so long, I can't believe it has came and went, (Just like Christmas Day!!). I am a little bit of an over achiever when it comes to parties and things at my house, and so knowing that I would be doing a little luncheon at my house afterward for friends, I had a mile long list of to dos, and made endless phone calls for advice. Had Idone a typicalMelanie party I would have been cooking for days, cleaning for days, and making things so that they were, "just so". But I got some very good advice from a couple of friends that said, don't stress about food... just keep it simple. I decided to go with this because had I not taken that advice I would have been a cranky stress head for a week, and made all around me miserable!! I ended up doing soups, apple cider, doughnuts, and small desserts from neighbors. It still looked absolutely wonderful, and it tasted great too! It seemed to really be a hit with everyone!


I know that people love Braydon and our family so much, but I can't believe all the help and support we had! Molly came down from St. George, and all of our good friends from Provo came to celebrate this day with Braydon. My Aunt Suzy, Lindsey and Grandma all showed up for the Baptism, (where I proceded to bawl my eyes out the second I saw them)... The rest of the family came to the luncheon afterwards, and were the last to leave, I love you family! I'm so grateful for all the people that love us, and so lucky to have such great friends and family.










I normally don't get all churchy and spiritual on my blog, but I need to tell you how strong I felt the spirit today, and how it really touched me. Braydon is 9 years old, and in his 9 years this truly was the most special day that I have ever been able to share with him. He is my oldest child, and watching him get baptized overwhelmed me. After his confirmation, he hugged all the men around the circle, then walked up to me and hugged me last. I just sat and cried... I just gave into the emotions that were boiling to the surface.


Mike did a great job with the Baptism, and I am so thankful that he has the priesthood, and was able to have this day with Braydon.

2 comments:

bebe said...

Melanie, Lance, Braydon, and Carter, it was such a special day. You are lucky to have each other. You are a very special family. I can't wait to see Braydon sitting with the Bishop tomorrow. CONGRATULATIONS!

Maria said...

You alll look wonderful! You were right Braydon look so good in his new duds! I am so glad you had such a wonderful day! Love you guys!