Sebastion Part 2


So many have been asking for updates on my friend Sebastion, and I have just been way in over my head with all the holidays, and holiday clean-up! This picture was taken the week following my first post about Sebastion. I brought him and his sister some toys to open, and they were so dang cute! His mom, Lily, informed me that her husband had left them, and she didn't know where he was. She was crying, and so lonely and sad. She really became my friend, and hopefully I have become hers.

It was cold, so I offered to take them back to the homeless shelter they are staying at. But honestly, I couldn't do it!! So I asked them to come over and spend some time at our house, and have dinner with my family. It was AWESOME!! Sebastion sledded, I bathed Krashell, the baby. Lily was able to shower at the house, and she laughed with all of us, and hung out like they were part of the family! Her favorite thing about being here.... ON DEMAND!! Seriously, she hasn't watched T.V. in a while! What simple pleasures huh?
After much thought, and discussing things. Lance and I decided to forego any gift giving for eachother and make sure this family had a wonderful Christmas. We bought them lots of fun toys, clothes, and I let Lily call her dad Christmas morning, in Peru. Something she does not get to do often at all. She hadn't spoke to him in at least 6 months. Sebastion talked to his grandpa as well. It was a memorable Christmas season, and honestly one I hope that stays fresh in my mind.



I am still making Chicken noodle soup every sunday, at 4:00 A.M. to take down and feed the homeless under the viaduct. I love this part of my week. I look forward to it, and it has become addictive. They love the homemade noodles, and seriously I couldn't let them down and not show up!

This service that I have been doing, has changed my life. For the better. It has added more, and given me much to ponder. I will never fully be as humbled as I need to. I am always going to want more, and be horrible with budgeting and spending. BUT, I'm contributing to something great, and it's teaching me about loving unconditionally, keep judgements to myself, and stop worrying about me all the time!

2 comments:

bebe said...

You're awesome.

Anonymous said...

So I teared up a bit reading that. You are doing an amazing thing Mel. That was very sweet of you to go beyond what anyone would expect. I love you!