Get Over, "IT"....

I try to always have a smile on my face, to only think good thoughts... but this last weekend, I have been mad, sad, stressed, and really mad! It makes me feel worse to feel this way, so why do I do it? As I have gone in to my 30's, (at a rapid pace might I add!) I have had self talks, and voiced to others that being mad or bummed out is not worth it. Holding a grudge only makes it worse, and it doesn't affect anyone as much as it affects my own self! Why not just turn the other cheek, choosing to not be offended? Peace is a much happier place than hate, animosity, or being sad! I understand the blues, and can tolerate them for about a day, but if it goes longer than that... GET OVER IT!

So this blog is my self talk, and reminder. I am upset over something I have no control over, why am I doing this to myself? Hate is not in my vocabulary, I even make my children say, "I don't love it, or that, or whatever it is". Even sweet little Lance is starting to say, "I don't love" instead of hate. So it's time for me to GET OVER IT! Move on little lady, and keep smiling!

I fed the homeless yesterday, and my precious Brayd came with me.... I have started to refer to him as, "grandpa" and he calls me "grandma" because our favorite thing we do together is sit in my bed, with our books and read and read and read! Back to what I was saying though, so "Gramps" and I went and fed the homeless, it was a good day. Worked very hard, and it was very cold, but we received lots of smiles, and happy faces from our friends! They love the chicken noodle soup I make, they literally come back for 2nds and 3rds before breakfast is even served! I have started making more, because the leaders, and volunteers love it too! "Gramps" told me it was the best batch I have made yet! I love him! I love going down there for several reasons, but also I need to put myself in check sometimes... Look at how truly blessed we are, and be grateful for all the things I have, like dental insurance, health insurance, a house, a car, ON DEMAND! There is so much to be happy about, and more than anything there is so much I have to look forward to! Life is great to me, life has blessed me. There will be no more dwelling on this end... at least I sure hope not! I'm going to work really hard at pushing any negative thoughts out of the way... 


4 comments:

Lindsey said...

I totally understand. I can get so down, and if I don't re-evaluate my happiness I go down further. I know I should be happy, but sometimes it just is hard. Be sad for a half a day then be done. I love that you're helping others because that always brings me out of my funk. You are a great girl/mommy/cousin/homeless feeder/daughter/wife/sister/friend. Say hi to "gramps".

Sue Lue Hue said...

Melanie Sue!!! So is it that somebody made you mad? Or are you just in a funk? Just so you know. And maybe you don't really care. I think you have come along way. And should be very proud of yourself. And I want you to know we love you. And will always be there for you. And ditto, what Lindsey said, everybody is entitled to be down once in awhile. And I love the gramps thing.

Wendell and Carole said...

Melanie, it's Carole Brodie. I just wanted to tell you, I think you are a special person, to do what you are doing with the homeless. That is not an easy task, with a family of your own. You will be blessed for it.
Carole

Tamara with a "T" said...

I love that you say..."I dont love..." I do the same thing! I really dislike the "H" word a lot. It's hurtful. I hope you're feeling better...call me when you're in the slump, please?!! Love you!