Unmanageable, NO WAY!



We all know that Carter is unique, and "spirited", but he's wonderful, funny, charming, and more than anything LOVEABLE! This is MY baby boy! Ya, he makes me cry somedays. You bet I want to put a little leash on him sometimes, but geeze he's constantly making me laugh, and isn't that what life is all about?Life is meant to be lived, and he lives it fully! His curiousity takes over his entire brain, no matter where we are, it as if he is forced to open every cupboard, drawer, peek in every bag and box, and find ways to climb to the highest heights. It doesn't matter where we are, he will not let anything get in his way! He's my go-getter, my mechanic, and again... MY baby boy!

After a conversation with someone who has had new interaction with Carter, there has been some talk of him being unmanageable, "quite" the handful, (bouts of uncomfortable snickers). I am the first person to admit that Carter is a challenge, he's different from my first, and it has taken lots of learning, reading, talking, and receiving advice about how best to deal with a boy with this much drive, and passion. Some think this is a weakness though, and not to say I haven't vented about it myself, because I definitely have. My doctor told me, "I can already see that he's one curious boy, but to be serious, NEVER, EVER, squash him of his curiousity, this is Carters' greatest strength". His energy, and his love for life, and everything in it is who Carter is, it's part of his make-up. How dare I, try and stop this boy, and break his spirit? You really can't change a person, we with husbands know this, right??!!

After my venting to friends and family about someone telling me how Carter has become a handfull, and disruptive, I came to a conclusion. We al have different kids for reasons, Bonnie has triplets, I couldn't do triplets, (I don't know how she does it so well). I would be bored to tears with a child that was not running around, I myself can't sit still! Carter is meant for me, for my family, Carter is a perfect fit!
My point of this post is this, if you see a child who is, "unmanageable, or quite the handful", remember that handful is somebodys child. Children are different! Certain children belong to certain parents.

Thank you Carter for choosing me, thank you for all the smiles, and laughs you give me!


3 comments:

Lindsey said...

You're so right! I think you do great with Carter, plus Carter is soooo stinking cute. His charisma is part of his charm.

Lisa said...

I LOVED this post. People use to say things like that about Summer, but I think in the future it will be one her strengths. She has drive and knows what she wants and she just needed to learn how to control all that spirit. Anyway I know I haven't seen Carter in forever but he sounds AWESOME and tons of FUN!

Tamara with a "T" said...

You are the best Momma for Carter...He Loves you!